Reporting Concerns

If you are concerned about a child's welfare or worried they are being abused, you can make a referral to the following Children's Services depending on where the child or your person lives:

Bedford Borough Children's Services Integrated Front Door (IFD)

Tel: 01234 718700 (office hours) or to make a referral please contact the IFD online here.

Central Bedfordshire Children's Services Access and Referral Hub

To make a referral please click here.

Tel: 0300 300 8585

Luton Children's Services Multi Agency Support Hub (MASH)

Tel: 01582 547653
The referral form can be found here.

For out of office hours and weekends please ring the Emergency Team on 0300 300 8123 who cover the above three Children's Services.

In an emergency, phone the police 999.

TheĀ Referral Forms (please see above) are to be used to share information with your local office. More information on how to make a referral can be found here.

The Threshold Guidance for the three local Authority areas can be found in the Recognising Abuse and Neglect Procedure which tells you which types of services a family may need to get support.

Alternatively you can call ChildLine for advice on 0800 1111 or email them by visiting:


What to do if you're worried a child is being abused: Advice for practitioners